[HTCondor-users] What can hinder condor_startd to set DISK?

Good morning,

after setting up HTCondor 10.0.3 on our local cluster, I'm running into
issues related to disk space and requirements.

root@h0402:~# condor_config_val -dump -expand EXECUTE
# Configuration from machine: h0402.hypatia.local

# Parameters with names that match EXECUTE:
ENCRYPT_EXECUTE_DIRECTORY = false
ENCRYPT_EXECUTE_DIRECTORY_FILENAMES = false
EXECUTE = /var/lib/condor/execute
GANGLIAD_PER_EXECUTE_NODE_METRICS = true
LOCAL_UNIV_EXECUTE = /var/lib/condor/spool/local_univ_execute
# Contributing configuration file(s):
#       /etc/condor/condor_config
#       /etc/condor/condor_config_local|
root@h0402:~# df -h /var/lib/condor/execute
/dev/sda5       125G  455M  124G   1% /var
root@h0402:~# condor_config_val -dump -expand DISK
# Configuration from machine: h0402.hypatia.local

# Parameters with names that match DISK:
CONSUMPTION_DISK = quantize(target.RequestDisk,{1024})
CREATE_LOCKS_ON_LOCAL_DISK = true
FILE_TRANSFER_DISK_LOAD_THROTTLE = 2.0
FILE_TRANSFER_DISK_LOAD_THROTTLE_LONG_HORIZON = 5m
FILE_TRANSFER_DISK_LOAD_THROTTLE_SHORT_HORIZON = 1m
FILE_TRANSFER_DISK_LOAD_THROTTLE_WAIT_BETWEEN_INCREMENTS = 60
JOB_DEFAULT_REQUESTDISK = 131072
LOCAL_DISK_LOCK_DIR =
MODIFY_REQUEST_EXPR_REQUESTDISK = quantize(RequestDisk,{1024})
RESERVED_DISK = 131072
SCHEDD_ROUND_ATTR_DiskUsage = 25%
STARTD_RECOMPUTE_DISK_FREE = false
# Contributing configuration file(s):
#       /etc/condor/condor_config
#       /etc/condor/condor_config_local|
root@h0402:~# condor_status -l `hostname`| grep ^Disk
Disk = 0

Since $(JOB_DEFAULT_REQUEST_DISK) > $(DISK) there's no way to run vanilla
universe jobs.

The manual, under DISK and RESERVED_DISK, suggests that the startd would
determine the amount of available space (of which there's plenty), but
for me obviously it doesn't. Is there a means to find out why?

Thanks, Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)