[HTCondor-users] Authentication using IDTokens

Hi all

Struggling with IDTokens. I have a new execute machine to add to my cluster. The new machine is not able to authenticate properly. The only config I have on it is a fil in config.d with CONDOR_HOST = … and ‘use rolef:get_htcondor_execute’

I already have another machine in my pool with the same config, which is working just fine. All config seems to be identical between the two, but still no authentication. The only difference I have seen is that the new machine is version 10.4 and the old is 10.3. My host is 10.4.

On the MasterLog of the new machine I keep seeing:

04/24/23 11:53:32 Token requested not yet approved; please ask collector [HOST] admin to approve request ID 4256417.

I can the go to my host and approve this, but that only generates another question with a new ID.

I tried using the auto_approve on my HOST, but then I only get this messages instead:

04/24/23 11:09:43 PERMISSION DENIED to condor@[new execute machine] from host xxx for command 13 (INVALIDATE_STARTD_ADS), access level ADVERTISE_STARTD: reason: cached result for ADVERTISE_STARTD; see first case for the full reason

Any ideas?

Peter Ellevseth

Principal Advisor / Principal Advisor

+47 93 43 56 01 / +47 73 90 05 00