Re: [HTCondor-users] local HTCondor set-up to submit to remote CEs

Hi John,
I will give that a try, thanks!

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of John M Knoeller via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 6:07 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>; condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: John Knoeller <johnkn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] local HTCondor set-up to submit to remote CEs

Setting NETWORK_INTERFACE to 127.0.0.1 restricts *all* communication to that interface.  This includes outgoing communication from tools and daemons.

What you want is to restrict incoming communication only, but there is no way to configure that in HTCondor.   The closest you could come is to restrict NETWORK_INTERFACE for daemons, but not for tools, like this

NETWORK_INTERFACE = 127.0.0.1

TOOL.NETWORK_INTERFACE = *

SUBMIT.NETWORK_INTERFACE = *

GRIDMANAGER.NETWORK_INTERFACE = *