Re: [HTCondor-users] STARTER_SCRATCH_DIR_VARS proposal

> On Aug 11, 2023, at 3:33 PM, Greg Thain via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Note that we can do this in submit now with
>

> executable = something
>
> environment = MCR_CACHE_ROOT=$$(CondorScratchDir)

Greg, very nice! I just found this in the manual under, "As a special case that only works within the submit file environement command", but please note the spelling error for the command name. And this the only occurrence of "CondorScratchDir" I can find in the manual so please consider promoting and unifying the name of the sandbox so it also ends up in the Index along with "_CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR".

As for my proposal, the environment solution is simple enough for users (if they can find the name of the sandbox variable), so your call wether to also offer the option to admins to do this for their users with STARTER_SCRATCH_DIR_VARS.

Thanks.

--
Stuart Anderson
sba@xxxxxxxxxxx