Re: [HTCondor-users] How to address executable directly on execute node

On Aug 23, 2023, at 10:49 AM, Valerio Bellizzomi <valerio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2023-08-23 at 14:51 +0000, Jaime Frey via HTCondor-users wrote:
On Aug 23, 2023, at 1:50 AM, Valerio Bellizzomi <valerio@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

On Tue, 2023-08-22 at 13:21 +0000, Jaime Frey via HTCondor-users
wrote:
On Aug 22, 2023, at 8:06 AM, Valerio Bellizzomi <
valerio@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Hello,
I would like to know, if possible, how to address for a job
submission
an executable which is placed directly on the execute node
disk.

Put this in your submit file:

transfer_executable = false

- Jaime

Thank you Jaime, does this work also for virtual machine disk
images ?
That is for the VM Universe ?

In the VM universe, no files are transferred to the execute node by
default. You must specify all disk image files you want transferred
in transfer_input_files.

I have already the VM disk image on the execute node, what do I need to
invoke it in a submit file?

In this case, you give the full path to the disk image file on the execute node in the vm_disk command.
It would look something like this:

  vm_disk = /home/me/vm.img:sda2:w:raw

If you were transferring the disk image from the submit machine, you would use this instead:

  vm_disk = vm.img:sda2:w:raw
  transfer_input_files = /home/me/vm.img

 - Jaime