Re: [HTCondor-users] htcondor 8.9 disappeared from downloads

The 8.9 versions have be moved to archive storage. When versions are no longer supported, we trim back the repositories. We keep the final version of LTS releases in the repositories as long as practical.

The 8.8 series is an LTS series that is no longer supportedd

The 8.9 series is a new feature series that is no longer supported. The work in this series is in the 9.0 series.

The 9.0 series is an LTS series that is no longer supported.

The 9.x series is a new feature series that is no longer supported. The work in this series is in the 10.0 series.

The 10.0 series is an LTS series that is supported and will get security and critical bug fixes only.

The 10.x series is a new feature series that is no longer supported.

The 23.0 series is an LTS series that is fully supported and getting regular bug fix updates.

The 23.x series is a fully supported new feature series under active development.

The 10.0.x versions will be supported for approximately 24 months after the 10.0.0 release.

It is possible to restore the 8.9 tarballs for a specific version. However, the features were changing within the 8.9 development cycle. If you have trouble installing 9.0, the latest 8.9 tarball would probably have the same issues as the 9.0 tarballs.

So, if you have a specific 8.9 version in mind, I could restore the tarballs from archive storage. However, that is a stopgap measure and you should strongly consider moving to a supported version.

...Tim