Re: [HTCondor-users] submitting issues when having huge transfer_input_files lists

The submitfile is generated by Pegasus. We asked the Pegasus people,
whether directories can be used instead of a file list which is not
trivial. Also changing the pipeline to reduce the list length is
difficult. Would there be a way to make the submit more resilient to
larger arguments?

If you have no other options, you can try setting

TIMEOUT_MULTIPLER=100

in your condor_config file, and restarting everything. I can't guarantee that this will work, and an 8 megabyte classad working its way through the system is like a snake eating a pig, but it is the best we have.

-greg