Re: [HTCondor-users] [External] Cannot disable container transfer

Hello!

>From the looks of this submit description and the warning it's throwing, it appears that the "should_transfer_container" directive is not being recognized. Might be a bug?

Try replacing it with this:

MY.TransferContainer = false

This directly sets the job attribute that should_transfer_container is supposed to set on your behalf. That should prevent the job from transferring the container file. If this approach works, and the should_ approach doesn't, I expect the dev team will be interested in the details.

Good luck!

Michael Pelletier
Principal Technologist
High Performance Computing
Infrastructure & Workplace Services

C: +1 339.293.9149
michael.v.pelletier@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of GÃtz Waschk
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2023 6:08 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] [HTCondor-users] Cannot disable container transfer

Hi everyone,

I have tried to submit a job running in the container universe. The container is on the shared AFS file system, but HTCondor insists on transferring it any way.

The submit file looks like this:
universe                = container
container_image         = /afs/ifh.de/project/singularity/images/SL6.sif
executable              = /bin/cat
arguments               = /etc/hosts
should_transfer_files   = YES
should_transfer_container = no
when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
output                  = out.$(Process)
error                   = err.$(Process)
log                     = log.$(Process)
request_memory          = 100M
queue 1

And the message by condor_submit:
WARNING: the line 'should_transfer_container = no' was unused by condor_submit.
Is it a typo?

I am running condor 10.0.9.

Regards,
GÃtz Waschk
--
GÃtz Waschk                             Phone:  +49 33762 77169
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY   E-Mail: goetz.waschk@xxxxxxx