Re: [HTCondor-users] instructions to build an HTCondor rpm

Please make the build directory outside of the repository.

...Tim

On 10/23/23 10:22, Greg Thain via HTCondor-users wrote:
On 10/23/23 02:55, Benoit Roland wrote:
 Dear all,

 we have developed at SCC KIT a credential producer and a credential monitoring plugins for the Helmhotz AAI prodiver, to be implemented in HTCondor [1].

 In the meanwhile, we would like to be able to deploy our HTCondor fork on several worker nodes via a rpm.

Hi Benoit:

Thanks for the pull request!

Building RPMs is pretty easy, if you do if from a container.  The docs are here:

https://github.com/htcondor/htcondor/blob/main/INSTALL.md

But to summarize

$ docker run --rm=true --user condor -t -i  htcondor/nmi-build:x86_64_AlmaLinux8-23000100 /bin/bash

(inside container)

$ cd /tmp
$ git clone https://github.com/htcondor/htcondor
$ mkdir __build
$ cd __build
$ OMP_NUM_THREADS=8 ../htcondor/build-on-linux.sh ../htcondor/build-on-linux.sh

(wait...)

Thanks again,

-greg

Tim Theisen (he, him, his)