[HTCondor-users] 2023 European HTCondor Workshop â Registration Closes on 8th September

(Posted on behalf of Chris Brew)

Dear HTCondor Community,

We want to remind everyone about the 2023 European HTCondor Workshop, to be held between 19th and 22nd September at ICJLab in Orsay, near Paris, France. Registration and abstract submission are both open.

Registration closes at the end of next Friday 8th September 2023.

The registration page is at: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1274213/registrations/93682/ and abstract submission is at: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1274213/abstracts/

The workshop will be an excellent occasion for learning about HTCondor from the team themselves and for providing your feedback to them, as well as exchanging ideas about your experiences and plans with other administrators and users.

We are planning sessions themed around Security, Capabilities and Identities (including transitioning to token authentication/authorisation), Access Points, Execution Points and the HTCondorCE, along with other talks. There will be an opportunity to book time with the HTCondor Developers to discuss issues specific to your use of HTCondor.

The (draft) timetable is at: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1274213/timetable/#all

Participation is open to all organisations (including companies) and persons interested in HTCondor (and by no means restricted to particle physics and/or academia!) If you know potentially interested persons, don't hesitate to make them aware of this opportunity.

Please also consider submitting an abstract, it is really useful for the developers and other admins and users to hear how HTCondor is being used in other organisations. We are particularly interested in hearing from speakers and organizations we haven't heard from before â talks need not be long, formal, or present solutions to difficult problems: novel uses or unsolved problems are equally interesting to our community.

Chris Brew (STFC - RAL) and Christoph Beyer (DESY)
Co-Chairs of organising committee.

Todd Tannenbaum
HTCondor Technical Lead, U Wisconsin, Madison, USA