Re: [HTCondor-users] small jobs behaviour

On 9/5/23 12:29 PM, Rita wrote:
I have a single machine with 128 cores. I submit 127 jobs. But only 90 jobs are running. The requirements are quite low, 1 core, 25 megabyte ram.

Eventually, they all run but I am not sure why 37 are idle and then decide to run. Any ideas?

Hi Rita:

Eventually, as in a few minutes, or eventually as in a few hours?  If there are more than one active user in the system, the fair share algorithm might not give the whole pool to one user all at once, or we may be hitting some other threshold.  The time it takes will help us debug.

-greg