[HTCondor-users] Doubt regarding moving a scheduler daemon(condor_schedd) to other machine while shutting down

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding shifting my scheduler processÂto another machine while shuttingÂdown the current machine i.e. something like a scheduler drain.

We have a setup of distributed schedulers, hence need to know how this can be achieved.

Currently we can drain already executing jobs to other machines using condor_drain instantaneously (i.e. need not wait for existing executing jobs to be completed) to other machines and then proceed for shutting down of the host.
Also currently when we use "condor_off -schedd <SCHEDD_NAME>" which stops scheduler from receiving any new jobs and then wait for already submitted jobs, But we want something like draining the scheduler and moving to another machine instantaneously.

Let's say I submitted a batch of 100 jobs and these are currently running under a Scheduler A and executing on (A,B,C). And later Scheduler AÂneeds to be removed from the grid, firstly I will do condor_drain to remove any executing jobs from A to move to (B,C). But still my condor daemon processes corresponding to Scheduler A are running on the machine, So how to drain this without waiting for my already submitted batch submission?

So can someone please tell me how to achieveÂthis?

Thanks