[HTCondor-users] SECMAN:2010:Received "DENIED" from server for user unauthenticated@unmapped using no authentication method, which may imply host-based security.

Hi everyone,

I am tryingÂto install HTcondor cluster in CentOS 8 stream. Following a guide, I executed this script below for my central manager computer:

$ curl -fsSL https://get.htcondor.org | /bin/bash -s -- --download
$ tar -x -f condor.tar.gz
$Â./condor_configure --install --type=execute,submit,manager --local-dir=/home/username/HTcondor --verbose

The version I downloaded is condor-23.3.1-1-x86_64_AlmaLinux8-stripped.

Then I changed the /etc/condor_config file to allow write and read.
LEGACY_ALLOW_SEMANTICS = TRUE
ALLOW_WRITE = *
ALLOW_READ = *
ALLOW_DAEMON = *
ALLOW_CONFIG = *

Then I ran:
$ . ./condor.sh
$ condor_master
$ condor_q

These three commands work fine, but when I ran condor_reconfig or condor_restart, I ended up with:
ERROR
SECMAN:2010:Received "DENIED" from server for user unauthenticated@unmapped using no authentication method, which may imply host-based security. Our address was '157.xxx.xx.139', and server's address was '157.xxx.xx.139'. Check your ALLOW settings and IP protocols.

Does anybody know what the issue is? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
--
Xinjie Zeng
Stony Brook University