[HTCondor-users] credmon not starting in 23.5.0 on RHEL8

Dear all,

I have compiled the HTCondor versionÂ23.5.0 using the x86_64_AlmaLinux8-23050000 container [1], adding to the existing code
some plugins to produce [2], monitor and refresh [3,4] Helmhotz AAI access tokens.

The credential monitor [4] is based on the abstract class [5].

While I can successfully run standalone the executables /usr/sbin/condor_producer_mytoken and /usr/sbin/condor_credmon_mytoken,
only the producer is run when sending an condor test job (sleep 1800). It seems like the credmon does not start to run.
My configuration is given by [6].

The credmon used to run successfully before I migrate to 23.5.0.
I don't have anymore the details about the version I was using by then.

I also tried to run the OAUTH credmon, but here gain, the credmon does not start to run when submitting a condor test job.

The main changes wrt my previous code is to make it compliant with the 23.5.0 update of [5].

Running my credmon standalone, I can see that these changes seem to be applied successfully, the credmon is running fine and doing its job.

Would you have any clue about what I would miss?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Cheers,
ben

[1] https://github.com/benoitroland/C4P-HTCondor/blob/devel_rhel8/c4p-condor-utils/build-c4p-condor.sh
[2] https://github.com/benoitroland/C4P-HTCondor/blob/devel_rhel8/src/condor_credd/condor_credmon_oauth/condor_producer_mytoken
[3] https://github.com/benoitroland/C4P-HTCondor/blob/devel_rhel8/src/condor_credd/condor_credmon_oauth/condor_credmon_mytoken
[4] https://github.com/benoitroland/C4P-HTCondor/blob/devel_rhel8/src/condor_credd/condor_credmon_oauth/credmon/CredentialMonitors/MytokenCredmon.py
[5] https://github.com/benoitroland/C4P-HTCondor/blob/devel_rhel8/src/condor_credd/condor_credmon_oauth/credmon/CredentialMonitors/AbstractCredentialMonitor.py
[6] DAEMON_LIST = $(DAEMON_LIST), CREDD, CREDMON_OAUTH

use feature : OAUTH

SEC_PROCESS_SUBMIT_TOKENS = True
SendCredential = True

CREDD_HOST = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)

SEC_DEFAULT_ENCRYPTION = REQUIRED

OAUTH_ISSUER_URL = https://login.helmholtz.de/oauth2/
OAUTH_ISSUER_NAME = helmholtz

MYTOKEN_ISSUER_URL = https://mytoken.data.kit.edu
MYTOKEN_PROFILE = kit/c4p-htcondor

CREDMON_OAUTH = /usr/sbin/condor_credmon_mytoken
CREDMON_OAUTH_DEBUG = D_FULLDEBUG:2

SEC_CREDENTIAL_DIRECTORY_OAUTH = /var/lib/condor/mytoken_credentials
SEC_ENCRYPTION_KEY_DIRECTORY = /etc/condor/encryption.d/ENCRYPTION-KEY

# period at which the credd is checking the remaining life time of stored credentials
CRED_CHECK_INTERVAL = 60

# period at which the collector is updated - default value 5 minutes
CREDD_UPDATE_INTERVAL = 60