Re: [HTCondor-users] dual-stack set up: moving away from IPv4 preferences

Hi Thomas,

We did the switch from IPv4-only to IPv6-only a while ago and I can really recommend to take baby-steps to test the waters. PREFER_IPV4 = false on a few machines is a good way to get started while having a safety net; things will fall back to IPv4 gracefully most of the time - that is, if your network setup isnât entirely borked and daemons just wait ages for timeouts.

Still, I recommend an extra baby-step in-between: use condor_ping with disabled IPv4 (works nicely via environment variables) to check that the daemons can communicate via IPv6.

Cheers,
  Max