Re: [HTCondor-users] Fractional GPU

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 05:52 Vikrant Aggarwal <ervikrant06@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Benedikt and David,

Your comments are interesting.Â

I have some queries on your responses:Â

For Benedikt:

Along with H100 which are supporting MIG

We have recently introduced L40S which doesn't support MIG but has vGPU capabilities. I didn't get the chance to try out vGPU for your experience. Is condor_gpu_discovery able to detect each vGPUs as a separate GPU?Â

vGPU capabilities allows you to split up a GPU between VMs, i.e. you need a hypervisor (and the right drivers) for that feature to work. It is a little tedious to set up and admin if you are planning on switching between vGPU and full GPUs depending on the workload.Â

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/data-center/virtual-solutions/

Benedikt

For David:

When you are saying we should control the number of processes, are we talking aboutÂMulti-Process Service (MPS) described hereÂhttps://docs.nvidia.com/deploy/mps/index.html