Re: [HTCondor-users] NUM_SLOTS=1 in 23.x creates partitions?

Hi,

that is the difference of a static and a partitionable slot (maybe wording is a bit different) the partitionable slot carves of a child slot that runs the job and the rest of the parent slot is negotiated in the next round. The static slot is negotiated as a whole and stays a single slot no matter how much smaller the actual job running in it is.

both slots on one EP
NUM_SLOTS = 2

static slot:
SLOT_TYPE_1 = cpu=1, memory=8000