Re: [HTCondor-users] Setting up HAD-enabled central Managers using IDTokens

I am not quite sure where to go from here.

If I'm reading that log fragment correctly, this is the master attempting to advertise to collector B. The CollectorLog on B should have more information about why IDTOKENS failed. My guess is is that B's ALLOW_WRITE is set to condor@$(TRUST_DOMAIN), given what you said about how you installed things. (You can check with `condor_config_val -raw
ALLOW_WRITE`.)

When installed with get_htcondor, TRUST_DOMAIN defaults to $(CONDOR_HOST), which you've unset. (You can verify this with `condor_config_val -v TRUST_DOMAIN`.) You should set TRUST_DOMAIN to the same string on each machine in your (new) pool; it'll probably work best if the string doesn't have any spaces.

The value of TRUST_DOMAIN at the time the token was issued is embedded in the token, and that embedded value must match the configured value*. I have no idea what the tokens on your system(s) have embedded in them now (it should be in the output of `condor_token_list`), but you may need to re-issue your pool's tokens.** (If the tokens in your pool were issued before you added your 99-spc-cm.config, they might have a sane value that you can set TRUST_DOMAIN to and avoid re-issuing tokens.)

Once you've done that, since A and B have the same signing key (derived from the password you installed with), they should accept each other's token, granting them the identity 'condor@$(TRUST_DOMAIN)'. So far, so good (hopefully). This should also allow HAD to work -- IIRC, HAD requires ADMINISTRATOR privileges, but 'condor@$(TRUST_DOMAIN)' should already be in ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR.

-- ToddM

*: You can configure HTCondor to accept tokens from any trust domain you
   choose, but get_htcondor configures things to accept only tokens from
   $(TRUST_DOMAIN).
**: Using condor_token_create as root.