Re: [HTCondor-users] Extra quotes in ClassAd attribute name

These are attributes to add to the condor submit file:
request_cpus = 1
+queue = "batch"
+WantIOProxy = true

A leading '+' in the condor submit file means, and is internally translated to, 'MY.'. It's just telling condor_submit that you're naming an attribute in the job ad, rather than issuing a command in the submit language. So for '+queue' and '+WantIOProxy', the actual names in the job ClassAd are 'queue' and 'WantIOProxy', respectively. 'request_cpus' is a command, and has side-effects, but is generally recorded as 'RequestCPUs'.

Is it there a standard way so that I could encode the plus so that the receiver reading the classad can get back to the original lines for the submit file?

No, and to my understanding, you can't generally recover the original submit file from the job ClassAd anyways. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, or where you're adding these attributes or to which ad(s), but if you really want the original submit file, it would probably be easier just to embed the entire submit file in a single attribute; the Python bindings have a method that returns a properly ClassAd-quoted string to help with arbitrary embeddings like this.

- ToddM