[HTCondor-users] LoadAvg values in PartitionableSlots expected?

Hello,

I'm experimenting with PartitionableSlots (Condor version 23.0.4) and
I'm seeing some LoadAvg values that I do not understand. I searched in
the documentation but I couldn't find anything relevant.

This is a 32 core machine. I have PartitionableSlots enabled (default
configuration), so that the 32 cores are in one big PSlot. Now, I submit
a Condor job that runs 16 cpu-intensive processes, and at the same time
I submit another 16 cpu-intensive job outside of Condor. And when I
check for the LoadAvg values I see the following:

# condor_status  xxxx.xx.xxx.xx -af:h Name Totalcpus Cpus LoadAvg condorloadavg totalloadavg totalcondorloadavg
Name                   Totalcpus             Cpus LoadAvg               condorloadavg         totalloadavg          totalcondorloadavg
slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   32.0                  16   1.0                   0.0                   32.03                 16.01
slot1_1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 32.0                  16   17.01                 16.01                 32.03                 16.01

It looks as if the non-condor load in the LoadAvg variable is always
capped at 1.0. Not sure if this is a bug or it is by design. If it is by
design, what is the reasoning behind it?

Thanks,
--
Ãngel de Vicente                 -- (GPG: 0x64D9FDAE7CD5E939)
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)