I see... Thanks Luke!<br><br clear="all">Cheers,<br>/fuad<br>
<br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:42 AM, Luke Yen <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:lyen@cs.wisc.edu">lyen@cs.wisc.edu</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
<br>
 &nbsp; Yes, it looks like it is safe to remove the ff_deallocateL1CacheBlock<br>
actions. &nbsp;At some point in the state transition setState() gets called and<br>
it calls changePermission() in CacheMemory.h to change the state to<br>
Invalid.<br>
<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp;Luke<br>
<div><div></div><div class="Wj3C7c"><br>
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Fuad Tabba wrote:<br>
<br>
&gt; Hi,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Looking at the SLICC coherence protocol file<br>
&gt; MESI_CMP_filter_directory-L1cache.sm (the one used for LogTM-SE and ATMTP) ,<br>
&gt; I notice that &nbsp; transition(IS_S, Nack_all, I) transition(IS_E, Nack_all, I)<br>
&gt; transition(IM_M, Nack_all, I): all of these perform a<br>
&gt; ff_deallocateL1CacheBlock . What&#39;s the reasoning behind deallocating the<br>
&gt; cache block there? Does it matter if the cacheblock doesn&#39;t get deallocated,<br>
&gt; I mean its state will still be I after all, and it&#39;s not really not present,<br>
&gt; it&#39;s just invalid...<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt; /fuad<br>
&gt;<br>
</div></div>_______________________________________________<br>
Gems-users mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:Gems-users@cs.wisc.edu">Gems-users@cs.wisc.edu</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/mailman/listinfo/gems-users" target="_blank">https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/mailman/listinfo/gems-users</a><br>
Use Google to search the GEMS Users mailing list by adding &quot;site:<a href="https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/" target="_blank">https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/</a>&quot; to your search.<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br>