[sampler-announce] Re: new application: Rhythmbox 0.5.3

From: Ben Liblit <liblit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:12:20 -0700 (PDT)

Rhythmbox is a small application with a large suite of dependencies.  Our
initial build was based on FreshRPMS.net GStreamer packages, which
unfortunately pull in even more dependencies of their own.  That makes
installation difficult, and we're not here to make your life harder.

We have now rebuilt Rhythmbox against the official GStreamer Red Hat
package repository.  These packages are more fine-grained, making it
easier for you to install what you need without disrupting the rest of
your system.

<http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~liblit/sampler/downloads/rpm/rhythmbox/rhythmbox-0.5.3-4.sam.2.i386.rpm>
<http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~liblit/sampler/downloads/rhythmbox.html>

This sort of thing is tricky to get right, as we have unintentionally
demonstrated.  We would appreciate hearing from you at
<sampler-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> if you run into installation problems.
For that matter, drop us a note if everything works, too!