[sampler-announce] new releases for Fedora Core 1

From: Ben Liblit <liblit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 23:24:21 -0700 (PDT)

The active Cooperative Bug Isolation build platform is now Fedora Core 1.
We are pleased to offer the following instrumented applications:

  - Evolution 1.4.5
  - Gaim 0.77
  - The GIMP 2.0.1
  - Nautilus 2.4.0
  - Rhythmbox 0.8.3 (includes iPod support!)

Download links at <http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~liblit/sampler/downloads/>.
Here you will also find instructions on using apt-rpm, yum, or Red Carpet
to make installing any of these packages a breeze.

The decision to switch to Fedora Core 1 was made after surveying
subscribers to the <sampler-devel> mailing list as well as posting a web
survey within instrumented applications.  Mailing list subscribers
expressed no opinion, but the anonymous application users expressed a
clear preference for FC1 over RHL9.

We hope that this change will let even more of you participate in this
project.  For those of you still on Red Hat Linux 9, please continue to
use our packages as long as you like.  We will not be releasing new
updates for RHL9, but your feedback is still valuable and will still be
collected and used.