[sampler-announce] new application: SPIM 7.0

From: Ben Liblit <liblit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

We are pleased to add a new application to the Cooperative Bug Isolation
suite:  SPIM, a MIPS32 simulator
<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~larus/spim.html>.

    SPIM is a self-contained simulator that will run MIPS32 assembly
    language programs.  It reads and immediately executes assembly
    language code for this processor.  SPIM provides a simple debugger and
    minimal set of operating system services.  SPIM does not execute
    binary (compiled) programs.

SPIM is the work of James Larus, a highly respected researcher and good
friend to the CBI team.  This is a mature, solid piece of software.  We
look forward to giving Jim a hard time about any bugs our instrumented
deployment reveals.  :-)

downloads:

<http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~liblit/sampler/downloads/rpm/fedora-1-i386/RPMS.stock/spim-7.0-1.sam.1.i386.rpm>
<http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~liblit/sampler/downloads/rpm/fedora-1-i386/RPMS.sampler/sampler-0.12.2-1.i386.rpm>