[sampler-announce] Sampler 1.0

From: Ben Liblit <liblit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:08:26 -0800 (PST)

The Cooperative Bug Isolation project is pleased to announce the release of version 1.0 of the sampler instrumenting compiler and support tools.

I stopped announcing new sampler releases a while back. The system is fairly stable, with most changes being bug fixes or internal details of little interest to end users. However, I decided to tag this release as "1.0" and announce it here to mark the occasion of completing my Ph.D.

I am indebted to the many members of the open source community who have supported this research. My thanks go out to the many anonymous users of our public deployment, and to the developers of the open source projects used in our public deployment and case studies. I am especially grateful to Luis Villa, Jody Goldberg, and Colin Walters for their longstanding interest in and encouragement of this research.

As you might infer from my new e-mail address, I have relocated from UC Berkeley to the University of Wisconsin, where I am due to start as a professor in January. My research will continue, as will the Cooperative Bug Isolation Project. There are still plenty of bugs out there, and we're just getting warmed up.

					-- Dr. Ben