[cbi-announce] all applications rebuilt; privacy updates

From: Ben Liblit <liblit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:29:03 -0600

All supported instrumented applications have been rebuilt. The main effect of this rebuild is to move the feedback report collection server from UC Berkeley to my new home at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Please update at your earliest convenience: <http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/>.

Some of the privacy assurances at <http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/learn-more/privacy/> have been updated to reflect infrastructure changes that came with this move. The key changed bit is:

	The report collection server at the University of Wisconsin-
	Madison is managed by a highly skilled system administration
	team.  Reports are held in a secure, Kerberos-authenticated AFS
	file system with access restricted to only system administrators
	and CBI project members.  Reports may be moved into databases,
	collated for analysis, or may be discussed in aggregate in
	future research publications.  In all cases we will continue to
	apply the same stringent controls to protect your privacy.

As CBI moves from Berkeley to Wisconsin, rest assured that one thing will not change: my commitment to maintain the security and privacy of the data you generously provide. This has been a key element of the project's design from the very outset, and will remain so as the project continues on into the future.

Thank you all for your support of this research.