Upcoming Operating System Transitions; Test Jobs on HTC System

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 16:54:42 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Upcoming Operating System Transitions; Test Jobs on HTC System

Greetings CHTC users,

For users of our high throughput computing (HTC) system: over the next several weeks, we will be transitioning our HTC system servers to run a new version of Linux. We currently use CentOS 7 Linux and will be switching to CentOS Stream 8 Linux.

This transition may impact the ability of some software, library, and executable code to run. We highly recommend all HTC system users begin testing jobs on the updated CentOS Stream 8 servers in case they need to recompile their software or modify their jobs to run successfully on the new operating system.

Complete information about the transition, including important dates, current available capacity, and how to request servers with different operating systems is on this page: HTC System Transitioning to a New Linux Version (CentOS Stream 8)

This page will be updated as the transition progresses.

For users of our HPC Cluster: the default Linux version running on the HPC Cluster servers will also be upgraded from CentOS 7 Linux to CentOS Stream 8 Linux in the future. We are still planning a timeline for this transition and will provide more information once we have specific dates for that transition.

If you have any questions about this transition, contact chtc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Best,

Your CHTC Team