CHTC’s Duo Two-factor Now Required; Holiday Availability

Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 22:39:53 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CHTC’s Duo Two-factor Now Required; Holiday Availability

Greetings CHTC users,

Duo Two-factor Authentication

Duo two-factor authentication is now required when logging into CHTC’s HTC and HPC systems. When logging in with your NetID and password to your designated submit server or login node, you will now be prompted to authenticate with Duo. To help users with this transition, we have prepared this video to demonstrate the new login process.

It is possible to customize your SSH configuration to avoid having to reauthenticate over a certain period of time after making an initial connection with two-factor authentication. A guide on how to implement this will be available on our website’s “How To’s” page tomorrow.

Holiday Availability

Facilitation staff will be out of the office from Monday, December 26th through Monday, January 2nd. Office hours will be canceled and users should expect delayed email responses during this period. Operations will resume as normal on Tuesday, January 3rd.

Best,

Your CHTC Team

--

Rachel Lombardi

Research Computing Facilitator

OSG and PATh Facility

Center for High Throughput Computing | University of Wisconsin - Madison