Temporary HTCondor change to interactive jobs

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 15:01:36 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Temporary HTCondor change to interactive jobs

Dear CHTC users,

This message is for users of our high throughput computing (HTC) system.

In the latest version of HTCondor, interactive jobs no longer start correctly unless an “executable” is listed in the HTCondor job submit file. This impacts build jobs and any kind of interactive run.

Until the next release of HTCondor is deployed with a fix (in approximately 2 weeks), it is necessary to set an executable in all submit files; using a system tool like “hostname” is an option if you don’t have an existing executable for the job. We have updated our sample build job submit file to show what this looks like: https://chtc.cs.wisc.edu/uw-research-computing/inter-submit

Contact chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx or stop by office hours with any follow up questions.

Best,

The Facilitation Team