RE: [classad-users] Newbie Question: Evaluation of logicalexpress ions

Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:19:53 -0600 (CST)
From: Alain Aslag Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [classad-users] Newbie Question: Evaluation of logicalexpress ions
Hi,

I'm in a bit of a rush this morning, because I'm about to head out of town
for a meeting, so my answer will be a bit brief. (And my correspondence
will be limited for the next couple of days.)

>Hmm. The reason for asking about shortcutting expression evaluation is a
>vague idea of extending the built-in functions of classad with some
>application specific functions that are quite expensive  to execute
>(database queries, RPC calls and the like).

That makes sense to me. I would have to think about the best long-term
implementation, but either of the approaches you outlined would seem to work.

I'm curious what you are using ClassAds for. If you don't mind talking
about it, I would be interested in hearing about it.

-alain

Alain Roy                             University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences
roy@xxxxxxxxxxx                       1210 W. Dayton St. Rm #3393
(608) 265-5736                        Madison, WI 53706-1685