[classad-users] Problem with linking Classads under Win32 Platform

Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 05:37:36 -0500 (CDT)
From: Artem Harutyunyan <hartem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [classad-users] Problem with linking Classads under Win32 Platform
 Hi ,

I have a problem with linking classads library under Windows XP (
using both Microsoft Visual C++ 6 and .Net). I have successfully
built Classads_0.9.5 using both .Net and MSVC compilers. But I am
getting errors (3 unresolved externals) when trying to link classad.lib
with my program. (Error is shown below)
All 3 .obj files, from which externals can not be resolved, are
part of classads library. I didn't found any instructions
about necesity to link any additional libraries.

Could you please give me a hint, how this problem can be solved ?

Many thanks in advance :)
Artem.

_____________________
Linking...
classad.lib(source.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class AttributeReference * __cdecl
AttributeReference::MakeAttributeReference(class ExprTree *,class
_STL::basic_string,class _STL::allocator > const &,bool)"
(?MakeAttributeReference@AttributeReference@@SAPAV1@PAVExprTree@@ABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@_N@Z)
referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall
ClassAdParser::parsePrimaryExpression(class ExprTree * &)"
(?parsePrimaryExpression@ClassAdParser@@AAE_NAAPAVExprTree@@@Z)

classad.lib(sink.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
void __thiscall AttributeReference::GetComponents(class ExprTree * &,class
_STL::basic_string,class _STL::allocator > &,bool &)const "
(?GetComponents@AttributeReference@@QBEXAAPAVExprTree@@AAV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@AA_N@Z)
referenced in function "public: void __thiscall
ClassAdUnParser::Unparse(class _STL::basic_string,class _STL::allocator >
&,class ExprTree const *)"
(?Unparse@ClassAdUnParser@@QAEXAAV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@PBVExprTree@@@Z)

classad.lib(fnCall.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"private: static bool __cdecl FunctionCall::matchPattern(char const
*,class _STL::vector > const &,class EvalState &,class Value &)"
(?matchPattern@FunctionCall@@CA_NPBDABV?$vector@PAVExprTree@@V?$allocator@PAVExprTree@@@_STL@@@_STL@@AAVEvalState@@AAVValue@@@Z)
referenced in function "protected: __thiscall
FunctionCall::FunctionCall(void)" (??0FunctionCall@@IAE@XZ)

.\Debug/my_classads.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

Condor Classads Info:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/classad/