[classad-users] Scope identifiers in the Java ClassAd library

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:52:05 -0500 (CDT)
From: Kaizar Amin <amin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [classad-users] Scope identifiers in the Java ClassAd library
Hi,
I have just started digging into the Java ClassAd code. From my
preliminary diging, it seems like the bind(RecExpr ad1, RecExpr ad2)
does the actual binding between the two ClassAds whereby "self" in ad1
referes to itself and "other" refers to ad2 and vice versa.

However the Condor manual mentions the scope identifiers to be "MY" and
"TARGET" instead of "self" and "other".

Does this mean there is a difference in the C++ and Java implementation
or is there some logic that I completely missed ?

Kaizar
Condor Classads Info:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/classad/