Re: [classad-users] Ranks and Requirements

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:24:41 -0500 (CDT)
From: Kaizar Amin <amin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] Ranks and Requirements
Alain Roy wrote:

1. There MUST exist a REQUIREMENT and RANK attribute in both classads
 - What happens when there is no requirement attribute, does it
default to true or does the match fail
 - What happens when there is no RANK attribute

In addition to Nick's excellent response, I want to point out that new
ClassAds does not require you to use Requirements of Rank attributes. It
happens that the function we use for matching does use it, but you can
easily construct similar classads and do whatever you like.

For instance, you could do a three way match by constructing the
appropriate ClassAd that defines other1 and other2 instead of just
other. (Not that other1 and other2 are good names.)
In that case, I would assume I will have to write my customized bind()
and match() functions. I get it !

Thanks for your responses.

Kaizar
-alain