Re: [classad-users] Compiling classad with gcc 3.4

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:59:58 -0600
From: Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] Compiling classad with gcc 3.4

I seem to have no problem compiling classad with gcc3.3.2.  But, when
I use gcc 3.4.2, 3.4.3, or 4.0.1, I get the following errors:

g++ -DUSE_POSIX_REGEX -Wall -g -DCLASSAD_DISTRIBUTION  -w -c
instantiations.C -o instantiations.o
instantiations.C:36: error: expected unqualified-id before ';' token

We have an improved version of the ClassAd library that is this close (imagine me holding my finger very close together) to being released. It fixes this problem by using implicit template instantiation instead of explicit. You can do this by getting rid of the -fno-implicit-templates option and skipping compilation of instantiations.C. This will work fine with gcc 3.3.2 and 3.4.

If you have any problems with this change, let me know and I'll send you a pre-release of the new ClassAd release.

-alain