Re: [classad-users] Constraint Question

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:05:11 -0600
From: Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] Constraint Question
At 03:44 PM 1/18/2006 -0600, Marvin Solomon wrote:

Alain Roy wrote:
> You're mixing syntax for old and new ClassAds, but yes. In new
> ClassAds, you can write:
>
> Requirements = A isnt defined && B is undefined;

I think you meant
    Requirements = other.A isnt undefined && other.B is undefined;

Oops, you're right.

Better still, how about a function atributes(Expr) that returns all the
attribute names as a list of strings?  You could use the existing function
size() to find out how many.

    Requirements = other.A isnt undefined && size(attributes(other)) == 1;

Better yet, we can use:

  Requirements = other.A isnt undefined and size(other) == 1

We already defined size() for a ClassAd to return the number of attributes, and it's implemented in the C++ version for sure. I had simply forgotten we did this.

-alain