HTCondor Project List Archives

Re: [Condor-devel] O/S Upgrade of library.cs.wisc.edu

On Mon July 14 2008, Nick LeRoy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to schedule an upgrade of the O/S on library (to RHEL 5) next
> Monday afternoon.  Please let me know if this causes major problems.
>
> Note that /scratch will be wiped out in the process; I'll back it up Monday
> AM, and restore it after the upgrade (might not happen until Tuesday).
>
> Also note that /scratch.1 shouldn't be affected, but if you have anything
> critical on it, you should (as always) have it backed.

Bad news....  library crashed in the middle of the above backup, apparently
because the "root" disk died.  The lab is trying to bring the drive back
online so that we can get data off it, but, unless they're
successful, /scratch is gone along with all data on it (except for the data
that I was able to backup before the crash).  /scratch.1 appears to be fine,
however.

I'll send out an update when I know more.

-Nick

--
           <<< There is no spoon. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project