HTCondor Project List Archives

[Condor-devel] LocalCredd match is case sensitive

I've hit what looks like a bug in condor 7.4.1: I have two computers running
Windows 2k3. The first one is runs Condor as Central Manager + Credd, the other
one is there to run jobs.

In the config file for the central manager, I wrote:

CREDD_HOST = XS205803.MELINDA.local

In the config file for the computing unit, I wrote:

CREDD_HOST = xs205803.MELINDA.local

This seems to work fine, but jobs submitted to the central manager with
Run_as_owner=True won't run.

condor_q -analyze tells that the requirements for the job are:

Requirements = (Arch == "INTEL") && (OpSys == "WINNT52") && (Disk >=
DiskUsage) && ((Memory * 1024) >= ImageSize) && (HasFileTransfer) &&
(HasWindowsRunAsOwner && (LocalCredd =?= "XS205803.MELINDA.local"))

And condor_status tells that the LocalCredd on the other machine is:

LocalCredd = "xs205803.MELINDA.local"

Since the test in the ClassAd is case sensitive (=?=) this does not match and
the jobs sits in the queue.

Why is a case sensitive match used in for that match? It feels very strange to
use a case sensitive match for a hostname.

Thanks for your time.

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services