Re: [HTCondor-devel] FW and ToddM - changing ticket status to defer, abandoned, pending

Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:48:48 -0600 (CST)
From: Todd L Miller <tlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] FW and ToddM - changing ticket status to defer, abandoned, pending
The moral of the story: always think about "if someone else (like Todd) looks at this ticket, does it tell him everything he needs to know about the story, or is he going to have to find me and ask something?" :).

Shouldn't I routinely be changing ticket statuses between active and deferred, depending on what I'm actually working on in any given week?

So ToddM, please add a comment to the above. Also, did you really mean "defer", or did you mean to use status "pending" ?

I meant, "this ticket should not show up in my plate report, because I'm not actually working on it at the moment; I am putting it off until later." To me, that sounds like 'deferred,' but perhaps that's not how we're using those state names.

- Todd