Re: [Condor-users] jobs fail to run, with "Warning: Found no submitters"

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 05:11:26PM -0400, Jamie Rollins wrote:
> I think I've tracked the issue down to a permissions issues with the
> submitting user/host.  It appears that the Collector seems to see submits on
> the head node as coming from the outward-pointing ip address of the head
> node, which it sees as an invalid host.  On the head node, the
> outward-pointing interface has a an address 10.32.47.10, where as the
> interface that all of the cluster nodes are attached to has an address of
> 10.0.0.1.  Here is a line from the CollectorLog on the head node:
>
> 8/16 14:45:19 (Sending 15 ads in response to query)
> 8/16 14:45:19 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <10.32.47.10:45781> for command 10 (QUERY_STARTD_PVT_ADS)

in this case, you should change your HOSTALLOW_ settings in the config
file to allow IPs from both inside and outside:

HOSTALLOW_READ = 10.32.47.10 10.0.0.*
HOSTALLOW_WRITE = 10.32.47.10 10.0.0.*

> it's very difficult to debug when the variables are not mentioned by default
> and the manual doesn't mention anything about the requirements of the
> presence of these variables, or what the assumed defaults are if they are not
> present.

sorry, this is entirely my fault.

> Initially I was getting the following error when I tried submitting a job to a
> specific node:
>
> ~> condor_submit pi2.cwd -n node1
> Submitting job(s)
> ERROR: Failed to connect to queue manager node1.cluster
> AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method
> AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using GSI
> GSI:5003:Failed to authenticate.  Globus is reporting error (851968:24).  There
> is probably a problem with your credentials.  (Did you run grid-proxy-init?)
> AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS
> AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using FS

i see.  if the schedd you are submitting to is not on the same machine,
authentication will fail in the default setup.  normally, condor_submit
will authenticate to the schedd using the FS method (writing a file in
/tmp to see who the unix owner of the file is).

this will not work between two different machines, so you were on the
right track by trying to use a different authentication method.

> After adding these lines to the global condor_config:
>
> SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION = OPTIONAL
> SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION = OPTIONAL
> SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = ANONYMOUS
> SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = ANONYMOUS

just use CLAIMTOBE instead of ANONYMOUS.

cheers,
-zach