Re: [Condor-users] Unix group membeship & condor pool selection?

On Aug 25, 2005, at 12:46 PM, Lee Damon wrote:

I am in the process of setting up condor for multiple labs in the same
department.
I would like to set it up so people in Unix group "acme" run their condor
jobs on the "acme" pool, people in "cad" run on the "cad" pool, etc.

I would like to do this with one master so that people in both 'acme'
and 'cad' can run in both pools.

Before I bash my brains against the documentation I would like to know:
Is this is even possible?

I don't believe there's a way to have Condor directly consider unix groups for scheduling. What you can do is wrap condor_submit with a script that determines what groups the user is in and adds corresponding attributes to the job ad. The syntax to condor_submit would work like this:

condor_submit -a '+InAcme=True' -a '+InCad=False' "$@"

Then, the startds can be configured to require one of these attributes to be true in ads of jobs they will run.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |