Re: [Condor-users] Not managing to get the paralleluniverse example from manual section "2.11.2 Parallel JobSubmission" to run

> Hi,
> I noticed that the mpi universe works fine. Well sort of. It
> does work
> as long as I turn off iptables. If it is on, I get error messages in
> the outputfiles :
>
> outfile.0
> 	p0_1136:  p4_error: Timeout in making connection to
> remote process on
> pirineu.cap.ed.ac.uk: 0
> 	p0_1136: (302.006268) net_send: could not write to
> fd=4, errno = 32
>
> outfile.1
> 	rm_4994:  p4_error: rm_start: net_conn_to_listener failed: 33192
>
> So I don't know if there is a way to restrict the range of
> ports that I
> assume MPI uses.

This sounds like you iptables settings haven't been updated with
the condor fixed and ephemeral ports for your system.
Have a look at
http://www.allhands.org.uk/2005/proceedings/papers/431.pdf
for a few pointers on what needs opening.

Cheers

JK