Re: [Condor-users] General file stage-in Condor-G

Hi,

The problem I have with this approach is that,
for Globus 4, I need to pass within
<fileStageine> the <transferCredentialEndpoint>
element which points to a delegation
service resource on the target GRAM.

However, when the job is submitted,
Condor-G matchmaking has not been done yet,
so the host/container running the delegation
service is not yet known.

In other words, there are two mechanisms,
but none of them probves both access to a
remote file system and delegation of credential
to the matched GT 4 resource:

 1. For transfer_input_files, Condor-G inserts
    <transferCredentialEndpoint> after matchmaking
    but does not allow to specify the file as a URL;

 2. For globus_xml = <fileStageIn>...</fileStageIn>
    one can specify a remote file, but it cannot be
    used with matchmaking since the client must
    specify <transferCredentialEndpoint> and
    at the time the job is submitted this is
    not known (unless the job is bound to a
    certain GT 4 resource, i.e., no matchmaking).

So I am looking for a mechanism that combines
the functionality of transfer_input_files
and fileStageIn.

Thanks.
Gabriel