[Condor-users] access view server on non standard port ?

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a central manager and view server on the same
(SMP) host but can't seem to get it to work. I've got the view server
collector listening on a non-standard port (9600) to avoid contention
and both the manager and view server seem to run independently OK but
I can't get any data out of the view server e.g.:

$ condor_stats -pool ulgp3.liv.ac.uk:9600  -lastday -resourcelist
No Data.

(I'm assuming that I need to specify the port number of the view server).

Also there is no sign of my machines in the history files though the
modification times do change so it looks like write access is OK.
Nor is there any sign of them in the view server collector log.

I've put this in the central manager config to point it at the view
server:

CONDOR_VIEW_HOST = ulgp3.liv.ac.uk:9600

I'm guessing this syntax will work - can anyone confirm this.

Any other pointers would be very useful.

cheers,

-ian.

Dr Ian C. Smith
e-Science Team