Re: [Condor-users] Condor for a renderfarm

Thanks so much guys for the info,
Ill try setup a small renderfarm on 3-4 PC's at my place first and see
how it goes.

I looked into drqueue a while ago but could crash its GTK-GUI app
within 2min or so (stable and debug version), and found leaks in its
py api.
Sungrid is too 'cloud' oriented with a high administration overhead,
when I used it last (20'000 cpu hr project), I ended up having to
write my own queuing since submitting every job I needed would hang
suns queuing system and close all running jobs.

Condor seems to give enough flexibility without too much setup, am
very happy to have found it

What interests me most is the ability to manage rendering lower
priority the movie shots at the same time as artists being able to
send test renders to the farm so artists can setup lighting/materials
etc without having to render on their own systems.

The project wont start for a month or 2, so Ill lurk on this list for
a bit and do some testing.
Thanks again!