[Condor-users] Invitation to Condor Workshop at Cardiff University

Dear All

The Advanced Research Computing division seeks your involvement in a forthcoming workshop to be held here at Cardiff University in the UK on the 16th September 2009.

The target audience for this event is both administrators (and potential administrators) and end users of Condor with the event split into two parts.  The morning session will explore best practices of service provision and future developments.  The afternoon session will showcase the research that Condor is enabling in your institutions, hopefully broadening the possible user base within your institution.

We are currently finalising the programme prior to opening for registration and we are really keen to hear from you if you, or one of your colleagues, would be interested in giving a 20 to 30 minute presentation on either of the following topics (a) how you administer your Condor pool, particularly if there are any unique aspects or best practice techniques that you would like to share with the community, or (b) research presentations highlighting the types of research Condor is enabling in your institution, to explore the diversity of research that Condor can enable.

If you are interested or would like further information on this request then please do not hesitate to get in touch (please remember to reply to arcca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).  We would like to open registration by early August so we would appreciate a prompt response.  Alternatively if you are aware of a colleague who you think would make an excellent speaker at this event then please either send this request directly to them or inform us of your nomination and we will follow up accordingly.

We look forward to hearing from you and hope to welcome you either as a speaker or as a delegate to this event in September.

Best regards

James

Dr James Osborne
Condor Project Manager