Re: [DynInst_API:] New DWARF parsing in Dyninst

Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 19:19:11 -0700
From: Josh Stone <jistone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] New DWARF parsing in Dyninst
On 09/13/2012 03:10 PM, Andrew Bernat wrote:
> I've just finished the new DWARF parser in Dyninst, with the aim towards
> supporting RHEL6. I would appreciate anyone interested in dwarf parsing
> or supporting newer OSes to grab a copy (via git, git.dyninst.org
> <http://git.dyninst.org>) and test it out. I've tested to the limits of
> the machines I have.

I'd like to help with more formal testing, if it's not too late to be
useful.  I have readily available VMs for i686 and x86_64 on RHEL4-6 and
Fedora 16-19, which I'd be happy to provide results for.

I don't see any in-tree documentation on testing.  Can you advise the
best way to build and run the testsuite?  e.g. what dependencies will
give the fullest test results, what options should I use for runTests,
and what output should I collect to give back to you?

Thanks,
Josh