Re: [DynInst_API:] Building Testsuite

Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 16:18:48 -0500
From: Tim Haines <thaines.astro@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Building Testsuite
Hi, Preeti.

>Is it possible to build the testsuite with Spack as well?

Currently, there is no method of installing the Testsuite through Spack.

>If not, is it possible to use the Spack installed Dyninst to build the Test suite from source?

Building the Testsuite is a bit involved and not well-documented. I would be happy to help you through the process, but there is another method we use that might work for you. I have a couple of questions first.

1. Did you use Spack to build the version of gcc you used to compile Dyninst?
2. Are you using Linux?
3. What version of perl do you have installed (perl -v)?

If you could let me know about these items, we can get you started.

Thanks.

Â- Tim

I have used Spack to build Dyninst-10.1.0 with GCC compiler. Is it possible to build the testsuite with Spack as well?

If not, is it possible to use the Spack installed Dyninst to build the Test suite from source?

Thank you,

Preeti Suman