[DynInst_API:] Problem in pointer alias analysis by using Dyninst

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 21:37:04 +0000
From: Wen Zhang <wen712@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Problem in pointer alias analysis by using Dyninst
Dear developers,

I am using Dyninst to do the static binary analysis on x86/64. And I meet one problem with how to use Dyninst to identify two memory locations represented by different registers that may point to the same memory location. For example, there are two assembly codes:

mov %rax, 0x8(%rbp)
mov %rcx, 0x4(%rcx)

Even though these two memory writings look totally different, 0x8(%rbp) and 0x4(%rcx) may point to the same memory location.

I have looked at all manuals in Dyininst, but it seems nothing related to this problem. Is there any API or method given by Dyninst that can solve this problem?
I appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Wen Zhang