Re: [Gems-users] Regarding checkpoints

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:39:43 +0800
From: Chandra Raghavan <chandrashekar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Regarding checkpoints
Hi:
I tried a similar configuration except with ARM processors instead of x86 and Ruby loaded without any problems. I have a few queries at this point:
1. I need to run a producer-consumer processor configuration and record memory access times for each processor separately i.e. how many instructions cause cache misses and what is the memory access time for each of those instructions. Can Ruby record statistics at this granularity? How do I set it up to do so?
2. My configuration defines processors, caches and a physical memory. My understanding is that when I load Ruby it automatically plugs in to the configuration and generates timing information. My configuration file itself is independent of ruby. Is this right?

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate the help.
Chandrashekar(Chandra)