[Gems-users] regd creating checkpoints for workloads

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:38:22 +0100 (BST)
From: Brinda Ganesh <brinda_ganesh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] regd creating checkpoints for workloads
Hi

I want to create checkpoints and cache warmup dumps
for the spec cpu 2000 workloads past the
initialization points or after the initial 10 million
instructions.

In order to create these checkpoints it seemed to me
that one would have to compile in magic instructions
for each benchmark which get triggered at start-up or
at an appropriate point. Then you step the correct
number of instructions and dump the cache.

I wanted to know if there was a technique which would
not require using the magic instruction framework and
recompilation of the benchmarks.
For eg. is there is a way in the  simics interface/
opal interface - by which I can start benchmark run on
the simulated processor and run it for the appropriate
number of instructions. and thus not have to use the
os command line to start the application.

Thanks in advance
Brinda